Tuesday, March 31, 2009

27 weeks!!

Weekly Survey
  • How far along?: 27 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 22 pounds, kinda stalled didn't it?
  • How big is baby?: Approx 2 pounds, 3 ounces
  • Maternity clothes?: Yep
  • Stretch marks?: Still no (yay!)
  • Sleep?: Pretty good : )
  • Best moment this week?: Seeing all of our friends and family in Cali!
  • Movement?: He is starting to have spaz attacks. He'll just go completely crazy for a couple of minutes. I think he's starting to get cramped. Poor baby.
  • Food cravings?: White Cheddar popcorn
  • Labor signs?: Nope, I can wait 13ish more weeks for that!
  • Belly button in or out?: Still flat, but now my belly button ring scar is looking truly horrendous!
  • What I miss: Being able to paint my own toenails
  • What I'm looking forward to: Our next appt! Unfortunately, it falls on Tax Day, but what're ya gonna do?
  • Milestone: 1st week of the 3rd Tri!!!

We've had Wiggly's name picked out for a while, but I'm really hesitant to share it with anyone before he actually gets here. I've heard horror stories of couples sharing their name early on, only to have family and friends shoot it out of the sky or give their opinion on how horrible they think it is (not to mention Lil' Brudder catching wind of a name we were thinking about a couple of months ago and crapping all over it).

We spent this past weekend in California. We hadn't been out there in seven months! Seems like it was a lot longer than that, I missed everyone so much. I went with Jaime and FSIL to Babies R Us to beef up the baby registry on Saturday morning. I only had the basics on there before, now it looks like an actual registry. I feel better knowing that it's done now and I don't have to worry about it. Jaime also hooked me up with an entire maternity wardrobe! It's all stuff she used while PG with her girls. She has such great taste and I got some really cute stuff from her. She also loaded us up with boy stuff she got at her baby shower and couldn't use because she had girls (they chose not to find out what they were having).

AND they gave us their old high chair! This thing is so cool, it's totally adjustable and will even work when the little one is big enough to sit at the table with us!

Wiggly also chose that day to start showing off for everyone. FSIL and I watched while he bounced all around and did weird things to my belly's shape. Talk about a strange feeling. You go all your life with nothing going on and then one day there's a little baby in there kicking your butt from the inside!

Saturday night was the designated FBDA night, those guys are so great, I love hanging out with them. FSIL and Lil' Brudder came over too and she and Trav scoped out the house for the baby shower in May. I'm so excited for that! Their plans are sounding so awesome! I'm counting down the days till May 9th!

We went and got our rings inspected at Robbins Brothers on Sunday. I love getting my ring back all sparkly. So pretty! After that, we visited FSIL's parents, hung out for a while, and then met up with some other friends for dinner at OLIVE GARDEN! Love that place. Have I mentioned that before ? ; )

Monday morning and afternoon were spent with my in-laws where we were surprised with all kinds of goodies they had accumulated for baby.

Umbrella stroller:

**Notice the Girl Scout Cookies? Yeah, this PG lady is NEVER without her Girl Scout Cookies**

Crib Sheets:

Really cute blanket:

Miscellaneous stuff:

A whole bunch of clothes!:

And shoes!!

Well, these are technically slippers, but I LOVE the little bears on the toes!

These have to be my favorites (the cars KILL me!):

We also brought home the bumper! So of course I had to put it on the crib. Crazy not to, right? And notice the dust ruffle? ::dies of cuteness overload::

I know it looks a little funny now, but that's only because the mattress still has plastic on it.

The drive home this time was more brutal than usual. I can't really put a finger on why, but it was like the car ride that would never end! We got in too late to be able to pick up my babies from mom and daddy's house, so they had to wait till Tuesday night : (

On a happier note: Today marks the start of the 3rd Trimester! A dozen weeks or so and this kid is going to be here! It's so crazy to think about; it's all gone by so fast! Here's the first 3rd Tri belleh pic!

2 comments:

Your Yo said...

Wassup YO!!! You look fabulous! But of course u do! You're my YO!

Yes, I LOVE maternity pants--esp. the ones that go up really high. I tried to get away with wearing them AFTER I had Gavin...but um...all they did was fall to the floor as soon as I put them on. Needless to say...it's IMPOSSIBLE to wear them afterwards! bummer!

As for stretch marks...u shouldn't have a problem with that. I wonder if it's only when u gain or lose weight TOO fast that they appear? What was weird for me was seeing light veins across my belly. And I didn't have an "outie" either. Mine "finished" button never got a chance to pop out. =)

The nursery looks lovely! The gifts from everyone are exactly what u need. I can't seem to get on ur registry page bec. they keep freezing my computer. So if u don't mind...I'm going to do for u what I wanted to do all along and just get u stuff that *I* think you might need. Sound ok with you?

And I've been looking and looking and looking...and I just can't find that $89 airline ticket anywhere....so it might be a no-go on me and Gav coming to the shower. yeah...I know...big poopy. I'd absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to be there....but as of yet...I get find anything I can afford. I just finished sending a $5400 check to our lovely US treasury. (Owing money to the gov SUCKS a BIG TOE!!!) So sorry love...but I may as well tell u now.

Anyway, my Yo looks lovely. The baby sounds like he's nice and healthy and snug...and I'm very happy to hear that everything is going is it should. =) I'll catcha later! xOxO

Your Yo said...

Sheesh...I just reread my comment.... and CRAP! I sure did make a lot of mistakes! You're NOT supposed to show that!! lol j/k I'm sure I made a bunch of mistakes on the one I wrote a minute ago. Hey, it's almost 1:00a.m. over here and I'm up reading your blog....so you're going to have to forgive me if I don't make any sense at all.