Thursday, November 8, 2007

Alright, It’s Been a While

I guess it’s time to update.

We’re still not really sure why it took so long, but MyHoney is FINALLY scheduled to interview today. It really couldn’t have come at a better time; he’s this close to walking out of his job. He still might though. If he doesn’t get this position in the distribution center, he’ll likely find something else. He’s tired of the abuse that his boss deals out on a daily basis. Me? I’ve become passive aggressive and am doing everything in my power to give the man a taste of his own medicine. Honestly, there’s not a whole lot that I can do, but what little I have, I definitely utilize. I personally think he’s stupid. Not just because he abuses MyHoney, but because he knows that the wife and the mother-in-law of the guy he’s brow beating work in his corporate office! And I’m sure we have a lot more influence with the “higher ups” than he does! Hmm...I wonder how I can use my power for evil? Who would I need to talk to in order to get this guy canned...?? *insert evil plan laugh here*

We’re supposed to be taking a two week vacation starting this Monday, but now it may not happen at all. This is the story of our lives! Stupid Boss basically ordered MyHoney to take this vacation a couple of weeks ago because of the accrual thing. It’s not exactly when we would’ve chosen to take it, but hey, whatever. So my boss (who is fabulous) agreed to let me take the time off too, even though it was really short notice and I’m sure he would’ve rather had me working. Well, as happens EVERY time we try to plan time off, SOMETHING went wrong. This time, one of his assistant managers got himself arrested, and of course, there’s no one else (in the whole district of 20 stores) that can help out. Stupid Boss states that it’s not his job to make sure the stores are staffed. I wonder what his job actually is? He doesn’t seem to do much of anything at all except belittle people and insult them for working hard. If MyHoney can’t find someone else to fill those shifts, then guess what? Yep! No vacation! AGAIN! AND he’ll be working 14 hour shifts five days a week. The same thing happened in June when he was supposed to come with me to my Yo’s wedding. It happens every year when he’s supposed to go to Mammoth with his friends for a week of camping (he hasn’t been able to go in six or seven years). It even happened right before our wedding, but of course, I would’ve killed someone before I let our honeymoon get ruined! The only piece of luck we ever had was for Chris and Aftin’s wedding. That’s the ONLY time nothing went wrong. So (probably) no Cali trip, which means I’ll have to wait longer to get my bridesmaids dress for Lil’ Brudder’s wedding, and we won’t be able to go to our friends’ birthday party. Ugh!

Ok, I’m done with that stuff, I’ve upset myself. On to nicer topics!

Halloween was not eventful. We’re the neighborhood humbugs I guess. We didn’t dress up, decorate our house, or pass out candy. Instead, we went to the movies and had dinner. I’ll take a date with MyHoney over kids on a sugar high any day! I did notice something as we were driving to the movie though. Kids are really phoning it in when it comes to the costumes now, huh? I think of Halloween as a trade off, I’ll give you candy, but you have to wear something that’ll make me want to give it to you. As we were leaving, I saw groups of kids in regular clothes trick-or-treating! I’m sorry, that wouldn’t fly with me. I suppose its best that we weren’t home. I can see the scenario play out...”No costume, no candy”...egged house. Yeah, I’m glad we left! Boo and Baby Brudder dressed up though. I wish I had a picture of Boo’s costume. She really went all out. She was a Dark Angel, black wings, goth makeup, and punk rocker boots included! Awesomeness! Baby Brudder went as a pimp. No comment.

Mom and Daddy have locked down a house. Well, it’s in underwriting, so it’s almost locked down, but I have a good feeling about it. The best part is that it’s my mom’s dream house. This is the model that she looked at a year ago and had to give up on because it was too expensive. They were able to get this one because it’s about half the cost of the first one. That’s due to a couple of things. It’s in a different city, AND it’s a spec home. The sellers work extra hard to unload those homes, so they give insane discounts on them. They should be closing on the 17th and moving in Thanksgiving week! How cool is that? We’ll be having Thanksgiving dinner there, but I’ve been put in charge of the turkey. I’ve never made a turkey, so this should be really interesting!!

My Yo called me the other day to let me know she’s giving me a nephew. Haha, I say “giving me” as a throw back to an inside joke. Her mother-in-law is scary crazy and is basically trying to be the kids’ third parent. It’s never “my grandbaby” with her, it’s “our baby”. Weird. So now I’ve started to reference the kid that way too. Just to freak my Yo out. LOL I’ve finished two baby blankets for her. This is the second one...

I need to get the pics of the first one I did so I can post that one too. That was actually my first major project and didn’t turn out quite the way I planned. It’s a little crooked and I live in fear that it’ll completely unravel, but hey, it was made with LOVE! This second one turned out much better. Now I’m working on Christmas presents. Yep, everyone will get something home-made, that way I know it’ll never get thrown away or donated; people feel too guilty to get rid of something made especially for them! : D

I guess that’s all for now!

No comments: