I have to endure ANOTHER oral surgery today. This is getting to be super annoying...
This is actually a re-treatment of a root canal that I got in 2004. For whatever reason, an abscess has developed at the end of one the roots of my #3 molar (yes, I go to the dentist soooo often, that I know the tooth numbers) and needs to be removed. If I don’t get this done now, then I might lose the tooth altogether. *UGH!* But of course, it’s a very complicated procedure and isn’t something that I can have taken care of at Daddy’s clinic. I have to go to a specialist, again. Second time in three months! See? Cursed!
I went to the specialist the first week in November to have it taken care of. He had to drill through my brand new freakin’ cap to perform the procedure. Only after he was in there (for an hour) did he tell me that the root was totally calcified and there was no getting through it to the abscess.
What really yanks my chain is that after going through this whole thing, he informs me that there is a second way to get through...that would not have involved drilling through the cap!!!!! AND it’s a cheaper and faster procedure... If I had known THAT I would’ve opted for THAT one! But, of course he couldn’t tell me about that second option, he wouldn’t make as much money for it. The downside to the second way is that he’ll have to cut open my gums and go in through the side; then he’ll cut off the very end of the root along with the abscess and stitch me up again. Whatever, I don’t even care how it's done anymore.
When I go in there today, I’m going to ask for reimbursement to pay for the replacement cap that I’m going to need now because he drilled through the first one when he didn’t have to. We’ll see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment