Last week was actually more work than play. We did a lot of painting. The whole downstairs is now finished, including the two story walls. We had to get a crazy big ladder to be able to reach up there. Luckily MyHoney is pretty brave, I don’t think I could’ve climbed it! The stupid thing bopped him on the head a couple of times though. It’s adjustable and even converts to be able to stand on stairs. He was trying to get it to do that, hit a lever, and it came crashing down on his head; it weighs like 60 pounds!!! My poor baby! He’s ok, but his head still hurts. We have to go up again and do some touch ups, but for the most part, it looks really nice. The rest of the time we spent helping mom and daddy move into their new house. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that they got their dream house. It’s huge! And far away. 60 miles one way from our house. Here are a couple of pictures that Boo took.
They’re mostly done with the moving, I think all they have left now are some things in the garage and the Mustangs. They don’t have to be out of the rental until Friday, so they still have plenty of time.
We spent Thanksgiving over there. I had to cook the turkey and the ham. It was the first time I’d ever cooked either thing, but they both turned out AWESOME if I do say so myself! I never liked the white meat in the turkey ‘cause it was always dry, but I found a recipe on the internet that promised a juicy bird, and it really was! I was totally proud of it. My aunt kind of freaked my out when I unwrapped it, she said that it looked too white to be done. When Daddy carved into it, it was obviously cooked. I guess I’ve got to figure out how to make the skin get more golden... next year!! MyHoney and I actually ventured out for Black Friday, but we only went to Costco because they had plasma TVs on sale. We got a big one, and for a bargain! It looks funny sitting on the little TV chest we have; we definitely need to get something bigger. We haven’t really had time to veg in front of it, but I’m sure we will in the not too distant future. Now the Christmas planning has begun. I've been diligently working on the gifts I planned out for everyone, but I worry that I won't get done it time.
MyHoney still hasn’t heard back about the interview. He was able to meet with the honchos over there, but they said they wouldn’t get back to him till after we got back from vacation, so hopefully that means we’ll know soon! Keep your fingers crossed!!




No comments:
Post a Comment