Monday, September 24, 2007

What a GREAT weekend!

That has to be one of the top five birthdays of all time. Everything was so much fun! All who didn’t come totally missed out...

MyHoney took me out to dinner on Thursday to avoid the crazy Friday night crowds. We tried a new BBQ place, and I’m glad we did, ‘cause they had such good food! I couldn’t stop eating! Then he took me over to Barnes and Noble and bought me a book. He’s also getting me a vanity plate for my truck; I just have to decide what I want it to say. I came up with 10 ideas that got cut to four, now it’s between two. I should have it figured out by the end of the week : )

Mom and I went shopping on Friday after work and got almost everything we needed for the party. I don’t think I’ve ever bought so much booze at one time *LOL*. Luckily, A LOT of people came, so it didn’t go to waste!

I actually got up at 7 o’clock in the morning on a Saturday! That never happens! Anyway, I got up early because I had a lot of running around to do before the party started. I went and got gifts for the other two birthdays; Baby Brudder’s is actually today, and Future Sister In Law’s (FSIL) is tomorrow. Then I went and washed my car, stopped by and picked up the cake, then swung by the Wal-mart for limes and margarita salt *yummy* and finally made it to my parent’s house at 12:30. Lil’ Brudder and FSIL drove out from CA that morning and were already there when I arrived.

Everyone kicked it into high gear and we got the food ready before the guests showed up. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, *deep breath* potato and macaroni salads, guacamole, deviled eggs, baked beans, watermelon, three kinds of beer, margaritas, a huge variety of chips and dip, there was a veggie platter and cake and ice cream! Woo!! It was smorgasbord!

Sunday was pretty fun too. Mom took me and FSIL to Ross for our birthday presents. She bought us each a complete outfit; shoes and bags included! My Nana and Diddy are so generous! I’m actually wearing my gifts right now! My shoe fetish was tamed with this pair; cranberry red patent leather peep-toe sling backs with a little bow on the front. To die for!! And the bag matches the color perfectly! Couldn’t ask for more : ) After we were done shopping, we took Lil’ Brudder and FSIL around to show them some of the new home builders in the area. We’ll see what comes of that; but I know FSIL was excited with the cute homes and low prices.

When we finally got home on Sunday we ate the leftovers from the party and then sent Lil’ Brudder and FSIL back to CA. My parents went home to crash and MyHoney and I hung the new curtains we got to cover the arcadia door to the back yard.

Next weekend will consist of painting the upstairs loft and putting new trim pieces in the laundry room since someone’s boxer puppy decided wood tasted good and ate about a foot’s worth!

TTFN!!!

No comments: