Friday, September 14, 2007

Six days to go!

I’m turning the big 2-5 next Friday! Woo! Does this mean my car insurance rates will go down? Hmm...

Everybody is coming to help celebrate too! I’m so excited! My lil’ brudder and FSIL are coming, and they’re bringing their Best Man. And my Grandma will be back from Mexico by then; hopefully she’ll bring me a cool b-day present from there : ) We’ll be having a birthday BBQ; probably at my mom’s house ‘cause my house doesn’t have a lawn in the back yard yet. It’s not just to celebrate my birthday though; we’re combining the party for me (21st), Baby Brudder (24th) and FSIL’s (25th) birthdays too. It promises to be an excellent time.

The only poopy thing about it is MyHoney has to work all weekend. His 1st Assistant manager at the store has the same birthday I do, so, being the nice guy that he is, he let him take the weekend off. He did promise to try to get off early on the days everyone will be here, so hopefully that works out.

My puppies are feeling much better. My Biddle still has to take medicine to get rid of the upper respiratory infection that was a complication from the Kennel Cough. Since Shelby and Toby didn’t get a very bad case, the vet said to let the sickness run its course; they should be 100% in a few more days. They’re mostly just snuffing now, which is still really gross because they blow boogers everywhere *bleh*. I’m going to have to clean the carpets and the couches when they’re better! And all the dogs have been banished from the bed till they quit with the booger showers. Rolling over into a pile of snot is the last thing I want to do!

I was excited to get a baby announcement from Becky and James. I love the picture of Clara! Did you guys get a pro photog to come to the hospital or something? It’s really great! And the card itself was so cute, my family is definitely crafty! I wish I had that creativity. I’ve taken up crocheting and am helping my mom make a big ol’ blanket for her bed. It’s going to be made up of a bunch of squares; kind of like a quilt, only prettier : ) I know it’s not the most “in” thing to do, and it probably makes me look like a little old lady, but it fills up the hours and makes me feel productive. I even took it with me when I had to go to Jury Duty on the 11th. It was really funny to see people’s reactions to it. But I didn’t care; I wasn’t the one leaning against the wall, bored out of my mind! Heehee! When we’re done with the blanket, I want to learn how to make other stuff.

Mom and Dad are doing a turn around trip to CA today. They’re going out there to help her old boss celebrate his retirement. I wish I could’ve gone, Terry’s like an uncle to me; I’ve known him since I was 15. Oh well. HAPPY RETIREMENT TERRY!!! They left early this morning and will be coming back late tonight. They charged me with getting Boo and Baby Brudder to school today, so they both stayed at our house last night. It actually wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be; and I even made it to work on time, despite the crazy traffic (darn Snow Birds jamming up the freeway). Boo will be taking her Senior pictures today for the yearbook. I can’t believe she’ll be graduating in May. Then it’s off to college! And next year Baby Brudder starts high school. I know, it’s totally nuts! They grow up so fast *sigh*.

Well, I guess that’s it for now. Many more adventures to come!

No comments: