K, lemme give you a little background on this; and you learn from my stupid mistake!! I had four (count 'em, four) root canals done in a late '05, early '06 and was supposed to crown them all. Well, I didn't crown any of them! So, last year (right before our wedding, come to think of it) one of my teeth up and cracked in half. I went in to see what could be done about it, only to learn that it would cost me $700 to fix it. Yikes, right? Well, I never did it. So here I am almost a year later, and "half tooth" starts to hurt. Or at least I thought it was "half tooth"; turns out it's the tooth next to it. Anyway, the dentist tells me that the best he can do for little "half tooth" now is to take it out. So that's what he did. Well, most of it anyway. Part of the roots has fused to the bone, so they're still hanging out in there. The best part of it was that after three syringes full of anesthetic, I could STILL FEEL EVERYTHING!!! I am a marvel of the dentistry world. “Normal” people don’t feel anything after one shot, but no, I need three, and that still doesn’t help! After literally three hours of working on “half tooth” the dentist declares that there’s nothing more he can do, and that I’ll have to go in to see an oral surgeon. Yay.
So tomorrow, I’m going in to have surgery to get the rest of “half tooth” taken out PLUS all four wisdom teeth. One of them will be in the way when the go in to fill in “half tooth’s” spot and has to be taken out right now! Two are coming in the wrong way and are crowding the rest of my teeth on the bottom; I should’ve known that was the reason they’re all crooked. And the last one is in the bone, so it’s not able to come down all the way. How much freakin’ fun am I having right now!? Good thing though, they’ll be knocking me out for this one.
And if all this weren’t bad enough, my wonderful husband tells me that there’s no way he can take the time off to come and sit with me while I’m there. *GRR* I’m not supposed to drive myself home because I’ll be all loopy when I come out of anesthesia. (I need to review priorities with him later) So I’ve been scrambling to find someone to drive me there in the morning and take me home after. Luckily, daddy comes to the rescue again. Even though he’s been super busy with the office, he’s taking off a couple of hours just for me.
So say a little prayer for me tomorrow, and hope that I’ll have the use of the rest of my teeth by the end of the week. For now, I’ll just sit at my desk and try my hardest to concentrate on working. It’ll be a tough time though, because my hands are shaking so bad I can’t type two words per minute! I need to stop psyching myself out. It won’t be so bad...right?
I AM SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW!!