Saturday, March 12, 2011

21 Months!

It's been a while since I've done a month post huh? Here's what Little Man is up to now:

But first can I just point out that he is only 3 months away from being TWO!? My teeny tiny little baby is going to turn TWO! I just don't believe it! I know I say it all the time, but it doesn't stop being true.
  • He is getting to be quite the handful and we're seeing more and more of his... shall we say... disagreeable side. He pitches a nice little crying fit if he doesn't get something that he wants (like mommy's cell phone). We're really at a loss as to what to do about them. Is he too young for time outs? I think I should try that.

  • He doesn't like to sit in his high chair for meals anymore. He prefers to sit on Dada's lap and eat like a big boy. He's even trying to use a fork and spoon!

  • I'm still a bit worried over his vocabulary, but there are a few new things:
    • Something that sounds like "what's that"
    • We're diligently working on "auntie", but it comes out sounding like "Auna". Auntie Boo has now been dubbed "Auna Bai".
    • "Dog" is one that he picked up early and then dropped, but it's making a new appearance.
    • He says "go" and points to the door whenever he knows we're going out.
    • "Up" when he wants to be held.
    • "Upah" is IPod, and he knows where it's charged, so he'll go over and point up to it and ask for it when he wants to play with it.
    • And of course, the oh so proper "caca" after he's filled his diaper, and he said "peepee" today.
    So charming. I've been on the lookout for other words, but haven't picked up anything that he uses regularly.
  • Whenever he hears a car or the dogs starts to bark, he'll yell DADA and run to the door. He also constantly asks for him during the day. I get so sad for him when it turns out that Dada isn't walking up the path. He also recognizes Dada's ring tone on my phone and will talk to him and give the phone kisses.

This time Dada was at the door. Awwww!

  • Whenever Dada is home and working on his Mustang, I take Little Man out there so he can get used to being around cars. We want him to be as big a gear head as his Dada :)

Here he is trying to clean up the garage a little.

  • I really need to get him some new puzzles. I am so burnt out on the one he has that I've started to hide it from him! I feel really bad because I know he loves it, but you can only put the same puzzle together so many times before your eyes start to cross.
  • If we're looking at his board book (another thing we need to get more of), he can point to just about every animal that I ask him to. He's nailed all of the zoo and farm animals, but we're still working on the different kinds of birds and baby animals.
  • If he gets hurt, I'll ask him if he wants me to kiss it. He'll run over and present the booboo for me to kiss. I melt every.single.time. And mommy's kisses always make it all better; he'll stop crying and go on about his business like nothing happened.
  • He's outgrown all of his 12 month clothes (some of the shirts fit him for a long time) and is now wearing all 18 month stuff. The only thing we'll need to replace now are his shoes size 6 now!! I hate that he can only wear them for a couple of months before he needs new ones. Kid shoe prices are obscene. They're so tiny! They should NOT cost as much as MY big ol' boat sized shoes do!
  • He likes to brush his own teeth. Of course we brushes them properly first, but he gets to do his own thing afterward.
  • He waves his arms around now instead of dancing... and funnily enough, will only do it to That 70's Show Yes, I'm obsessed.
  • His sleep is pretty much the same. He naps for about an hour during the afternoon and will wake up at least once at night. I can't wait for the current teeth coming in to just finally get here. MyHoney will wake up with him and then have to sleep on the floor for a while because Little Man doesn't want to let him out of the room.
  • He can reach most of the light switches and loves to turn everything off whenever he leaves a room.
  • He can now go DOWN the stairs as well as he goes up.
  • He helps let the dogs out by taking the stick out of the door so I can open it. And when he doesn't want to walk around swinging it at everything, he'll put it away in it's spot.
  • If he has my phone, he adds random things to my wall. There are things he's added that I have no idea where they even came from. He's gonna be quite the little tech guru.
  • He and Dada have bath night every other night. They play in the bubbles and with his little rubber duck. He can stay in there forever and doesn't usually come out until he's all pruny.

I'm in constant awe of my little guy and his emerging personality. He's so sweet tempered (most of the time) and I constantly get compliments about how good he is. We are truly blessed to have him in our lives.

No comments: