Let's start with Little Man updates, shall we?
- The little booger now climbs on anything he can, including the coffee table. That has glass panels. It had to be temporarily moved to the game room upstairs, I was just not interested in finding out how much weight those panels could handle!
- Has at least 12 teeth. I can't get an accurate count because he won't keep his mouth open very long, but I do know that all four canines are on their way in. Bleh.
- He made the cutest little lion in the history of EVER for Halloween! We took him trick-or-treating and he actually went up to the houses and got his little candies. He was a big hit with my parents' neighbors :) We got the cutest pics taken of him and also did an updated family portrait!
- I took him for his 18 month well baby check and he did not handle it well at all. He started crying the second he saw the little room we were going into and again when he saw the nurse. We always have the same nurse, so he recognizes her too and doesn't like her at all (she gives the shots). His growth has slowed down a little bit, down from 95th percentile to 75th, but still well within the normal range.
- His vocabulary is causing me some concern. I've read that in general, little boys start talking later than little girls, but I think he should have more words by now. The doc doesn't seem concerned, so I'm trying not to stress too much, but I really cannot wait for the day that he asks for cheese or juice. Right now he makes this weird little inquisitive sound; like "hmm" but with a higher pitch at the end so it sounds like a question.
- He's learning body parts really well and can point to his (and other peoples') nose, eyes, hair, teeth, elbows, fingers, toes and knees.
- He follows instructions like "bring me your cup" or "throw away the trash" which is so much fun! Unfortunately, he's still not getting the big important stuff like "don't climb on the table" and "don't touch the stove". Selective hearing perhaps?
- Still wakes up at least once a night.
- His favorite thing to do at home is empty out the cabinet where his toys are stored. My living room goes from squeaky clean to disaster area after about five minutes.
- He loves the animal picture book that a friend of mine sent for him. He will spend hours a day pointing to the different animals so I can name them for him. Whenever he points to the lion, I have to roar and then tickle his neck or he'll keep pointing to it till I do.
- His awesome little baby kisses are even more awesome now because he gives them to me whenever I ask! And even sometimes when I don't. :)
My Boo came home in early November and again for Christmas. It's always so much fun to have her home. Her fiance came with her for both trips too. MyHoney and I will be going to Colorado for their justice of the peace ceremony at the end of February! I can't believe my little sister is getting married! I'm so happy that she found her love, but it makes me feel so old! LOL
Making Christmas tamales!
Me and my Boo
Boo, her fiance, Little man, and Baby Brudder
The Blombergs 2010
My Yo came to visit for Thanksgiving with both of my adorable little nephews. I so love having her around. I wish (for the millionth time) that she lived in AZ, I miss her so much. They were here for two weeks and I spent as much time with them as I could.
Little Man and Baby D
The Dynamic Duo
We took Little Man to the aquarium the other day and spent a few nice hours walking around. He loved watching the fish and the sharks :)
Little Man and Daddy in a bubble
Checkin out the sharks and rays
And finally...
Our precious little Toby died yesterday morning. We'd noticed that he'd been losing weight and wasn't as energetic as he normally was. I took him to the vet on Tuesday and they told me that he was severely anemic. To even give him a fighting chance, he would require a blood transfusion and blood tests to find out the underlying cause of the anemia (which they might not even be able to determine), before we could even begin talking about a treatment plan. The vet said that all of that would be a major financial investment (think thousands). We don't have anywhere near that kind of money, so we really only had two choices, bring him home and let him live out his last couple of days with the people (and other animals) that love him or have the vet put him down. I was assured he wasn't in any pain, only tired, so I elected to bring him home. He spent the rest of Tuesday and all of Wednesday lying on a blanket cuddled up with one of us. I talked to him all day telling him that we loved him and saying goodbye and the girls stayed close to him.
Our precious little Toby died yesterday morning. We'd noticed that he'd been losing weight and wasn't as energetic as he normally was. I took him to the vet on Tuesday and they told me that he was severely anemic. To even give him a fighting chance, he would require a blood transfusion and blood tests to find out the underlying cause of the anemia (which they might not even be able to determine), before we could even begin talking about a treatment plan. The vet said that all of that would be a major financial investment (think thousands). We don't have anywhere near that kind of money, so we really only had two choices, bring him home and let him live out his last couple of days with the people (and other animals) that love him or have the vet put him down. I was assured he wasn't in any pain, only tired, so I elected to bring him home. He spent the rest of Tuesday and all of Wednesday lying on a blanket cuddled up with one of us. I talked to him all day telling him that we loved him and saying goodbye and the girls stayed close to him.
Sweet Little and Sweet Toby
The girls saying goodbye to their brother
He got really bad Wednesday evening and I decided that if he made it through the night I would take him to be put down on Thursday. I brought him up to our room and laid him down with the girls on their big bed. I last checked on him around 2:30am and MyHoney found him when he got up for work in the morning. It really bothers me not knowing what caused all of this and I'm praying that it wasn't contagious to our other dogs. I'm completely devastated by his loss and I might have a psychotic break if another one of our puppies is affected by whatever killed him. We decided to have him cremated so he can always be with us.Toby Blomberg 2006 - 2011
1 comment:
Ugh...the pictures of the pups just broke my heart. :.( Poor sweet Toby...may he rest in peace. At least he was happy and safe with the Blomberg family. He knew he was loved. I feel it in my bones! :)
Post a Comment