Saturday, September 11, 2010

Still Alive!

Not much has been going on, so I haven't really been motivated to post, but I figured I had neglected my blog long enough.

Since we last met, I became an Auntie again! My bestest friend had her 2nd son, Andrew. He's the cutest little thing!

Here he is with his big brother. Doesn't it melt your heart?

And my Little Man:
  • Has become a full time walker/part time runner. When he gets going, he holds his arms out to his sides and looks like ET.

  • Drinks from a straw.
  • Dropped Mama from his vocabulary (which makes me really sad). I know it'll come back, but for now, I'm known as Dada. So not fair.
  • Says "dog" and loves to pet them. He'll chase after them if they run away.

  • Pretty much mastered his shape sorting toy. His little face while trying to figure them out is amazing to watch.
  • Has become very interested in books.

  • Waves goodbye to everyone. It's so cute.
  • Likes to help with the laundry. And by "help," I mean take the clothes from the basket and throw them on the floor. Then put it all back in the basket.

  • Grabs a rag and helps Mama clean.

  • Went through a phase where he shook his head no to every.single.question. He's now starting to grab the concept of "yes".
  • Tries to brush his own hair, even though there really isn't enough to brush.
  • Dances to other things than the That 70's Show intro.
  • Moved up to size 4 diapers.
  • Has six teeth. Four on top and two on the bottom.

  • Completely come off the boob! We were nursing only in the morning for a couple of months, but his latch changed with the new teeth and became extremely painful. Now he has a bottle in the morning when he wakes up and then goes back to sleep for an hour or two. It's glorious!
  • Knows how to put his arms into the sleeves of his shirt. Mama just has to hold them open for him.
  • Fits into 6-9 month shirts, has a 12 month waist, and 18 month length. Dressing him is easy now because it's still so hot, so he's in shorts, but we'll have a problem once winter gets here. All the pants that fit his long legs fall off his butt, and the ones that fit around the waist are high-waters. I think I might need to crochet up some type of little belt for him. The cost of baby belts is ridiculous.
  • Had his first big pool experience.

  • LOVES getting scared. I'll hide behind a chair and jump out at him and he'll screeeeam and laugh and run away. Then we do it again. And again. And again. It's AWESOME.
  • Stops whatever he's doing and turns to watch TV whenever the Progressive commercials come on. He loves Flo!
  • Is still a little cuddle bug, which I LOVE!
So that's all for now. Catch ya on the flip side ; )

No comments: