Thursday, May 14, 2009

33 Weeks!

Survey
  • How far along?: 33 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +30 pounds : (
  • How big is baby?: Approx 4 pounds, 8 ounces
  • Maternity clothes?: Yep
  • Stretch marks?: Nope, but I am seriously hating my linea!
  • Sleep?: Not getting enough
  • Best moment this week?: Seeing my Boo and our Baby Shower!!
  • Movement?: The last few days have been very active. It's like he's awake all day!
  • Food cravings?: None really this week
  • Labor signs?: Still getting occasional Braxton Hicks.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still the same!
  • What I miss: Bending at the waist and being able to get my shoes on without a stuggle.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery completely decorated and organized.
  • Milestone: Toured L&D & getting hot flashes!
We went and toured L&D on Wednesday, May 6th. OMG, did that ram home the fact that this little one is on his way! I keep having moments like that. Sometimes it feels like I've been pregnant forever and will continue to be till the end of days, and other times I get whacked in the face with something that reminds just how close he is to getting here. SEVEN weeks! Seven more weeks and we'll finally meet this little man that so loves to punch my insides! I am dying of anxiousness! I cannot wait to see which of us he looks like more and what color eyes he has (I don't know if MyHoney will survive through the night if he doesn't come out with green eyes). We seriously have to finish up the nursery. Every Friday I set myself a goal in there, and every Monday I come back into work not having accomplished anything. I thought that our baby shower would be the kick in the butt that I needed to finally get everything squared away, but... yeah... not so much!
I traveled to Tucson on Thursday, the 7th with my parents and Baby Brudder to watch my Boo graduate from AIT at Fort Huachuca! We're so freakin' proud of her, we're just busting! Now that she's done with that, she'll be off to Korea for a year. She won't be leaving for another few weeks though, so I'm hoping that we'll get to spend some quality time with her.

This is a video of the entire class saying the ARMY creedo. It's so moving, I tear up every time I hear it and it sounded especially awesome in the little chapel.

I had a blast seeing my Boo. She's doing so great in the ARMY! She has a lot of friends and her higher-ups have nothing but good things to say about her.

She's really come in to her own since she joined up, I hope that she continues down this path. I think she could make a great life (and career!) in the ARMY, it just suits her so well. After her graduation, we took her out for ice cream, went shopping, and then had a steak dinner! So fun, but by six o'clock, I was exhausted, my feet hurt and my belly felt like it was trying to rip itself off. I just wanted to get home and sleep, but we didn't leave there till nine; got to my parent's house around eleven and crawled into my own bed at 12:30. I was half dead at work on Friday.

This past weekend was really an adventure! But I can honestly say that I'm glad it's over; not that I didn't have a good time, it was just very exhausting.

We got up on Saturday morning at 3 (yes, 3AM) and left the house for Cali at 4. I'm lucky MyHoney drove, if I had taken the wheel, we probably would've ended up a smear on the center divider; I fell asleep like five minutes after we got onto the freeway! My poor Honey only had the puppies to keep him company till I woke up again two hours later needing to pee like a racehorse! We stopped like six times so I could pee and to get food. The drive only takes six hours! LOL

So we finally get to Ontario, we drop off the dogs at the boarding kennel ::insert sad face here::, and then had to go to Robbins Bros about MyHoney's wedding ring (again)! This is the ring that I put on his finger when we got married: It's black titanium with a tension set diamond in it. Really nice, and totally his style, but if the prongs get pulled apart, even a little bit, the diamond falls out! It had happened twice before and both times we were able to find the diamond and just have them repair it (lifetime warranty). When it happened for the third time last Sunday, we weren't able to find it. I think the dog ate it! So long story short, the customer service people said that we could bring it back and exchange it for a brand new one. Yay! When we get to the store, we're informed that he can't do a straight exchange for the same one because they don't work with that vendor anymore! He was so bummed, he really loved that ring. They gave us full credit for the old one and turned him loose to find his new ring. After looking at everything they had in the store (twice), he decided on a new Tungston one.
Nice huh? Only problem? It's valued at $350 LESS than the black one. Solution... he gets TWO rings! He also chose this titanium one for everyday use.
He'll use the tungston one for special occasions and when we go out. New problem, we still have $250 credit, and if we don't use it now, we'll never be able to! So he also got me a 3rd Year Anniversary / Mother's Day present...
They're so pretty! I love them! After taxes and everything, we only ended up paying an additional $40! We spent so much time at the store that I didn't have time to get a pedicure before the party (and trust me, I really need one!) We high-tailed it to our friends' house. I changed and did my hair and then we were off to our baby shower! We only arrived about 45 minutes late... woops!

**I don't have any pictures to post right now, I didn't take any with my camera. My FSIL promised to send me the ones she took very soon, so I'll post them as soon as I get them.**

My FSIL and Trav did an awesome job! They really know how to throw a party! There were checkered flags everywhere, and it wasn't over the top babyish so it suited us perfectly! They hired a taco lady to do the cooking! I think I ate like a dozen tacos, they were so good ::drool:: They had a KEG, which I'm sure the guys appreciated! The cake tasted like heaven. The music was good. The games were fun. And it was so great to see our friends and family and hang out for a few hours. Teeny One got so much clothes! I tried to get it all in a picture, but there was just too much. I guess I'll just have to wait till he's actually wearing it and then take pics of that. It'll be much cuter that way : ) We are truly blessed to have so many people in our lives that love us and our Teeny One!
The shower ended around 6:30, but of course, there was an after party! The guys that had been hiding in the garage busted out the beer pong table and commenced getting smashed.

At around 9 I was half dead, but I didn't want to pull MyHoney away from our friends knowing that we probably won't be making another trip to Cali for a long while. We left about 11. I was the DD (of course) and also gave our friend a ride home. We had to stop for gas and he decided that he was starving, so he walked across the parking lot to the Jack in the Box. In his words, he was "drunk and need food!" He ordered "10 of those, and 5 of those". Hamburgers and tacos. Yum!

We were supposed to leave for home on Sunday, but wanted to spend time with my mother-in-law. So we made plans to stay Monday and then went out to lunch with our friends and watched the Lakers loooooooose. WTH was up with that game anyway?! Ugh! We got back to the house and then spent the rest of Sunday afternoon in the pool. It was so relaxing! I also got a Soon-to-be Mother's Day present from my friend Jaime. She's just too sweet!

On Monday we packed everything up, loaded our dogs and then went to my in-laws' house. We hung out with my mother-in-law for a few hours and then left for home at 3. This time, we only made four pit stops, but none of them were for food! LOL We got home at 8 and then I spent two hours in the nursery hanging stuff and organizing clothes, toys, etc. At 10:30 I was snuggled into my own bed.

We went to my 32 week appointment on Tuesday. Everything is still looking fine with the Teeny One, he and I are measuring right on track, his heartbeat is good and he's moving a ton. I thought that as he got bigger I'd feel him less (what with him running out of room and everything), but nope, he's a wriggly little thing. I'm going to have to do the GBS test at the next appt on the 27th... should be fun... I also gained four pounds in two weeks! Ick ick ick. I'm blaming it on the tacos I ate at the baby shower. I stuffed my face with them, and nachos, and cake, and chocolate. So yeah, I blame it on the shower. After this next appointment, we'll be moving on to weekly appointments! Eek!

I spent some more time in the nursery on Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get everything organized the way I want it. I need more storage. Wiggly has so much stuff already that I don't know what to do with it all! I'll probably make a trip to IKEA this weekend for some shelves and maybe a closet organizer. Right now, everything is on the floor and stacked against walls. It's lovely!

MyHoney helped me hang a GORGEOUS wall mural that my mother-in-law made. She is truly talented. Did I mention that she also made a custom diaper bag? It's blue fabric that MyHoney picked out himself, so he won't have an excuse not to use it too. AND she also made a comforter. I have to take pics of those, they're so awesome. We hung the mural above the crib. Don't worry, we made very sure that there was no way it would come down on the Teeny One.

I guess that's all for now. Hopefully my next entry will have pics from the shower. ::crossing fingers::

And now... the belleh...

1 comment:

Your Yo said...

Lovin' the belly mama-to-be! You need to tell YoFSIL to hurry up with those pictures cuz we wanna see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, the new ring that Malcolm bough (I believe it's the one on top) looks similar to Noel's. It's made out of the same metal. How funny. What's NOT funny is that I still don't have my engagement ring... =( so sad...