Friday, December 28, 2007

I know...I'm Sorry!

I usually send out Christmas cards to our beloved family and friends, but with the very ambitious goal I set for myself for gifts this year, I just couldn't. I wanted to send out a picture card with our little "family" but My Honey couldn't get a day off to save his life and when he finally got one, our photographer friend wasn't available. We tried for three weeks to get that done, but to no avail. And the more cards we got from everyone else, the worse I felt, but couldn't seem to do anything about it. I promise, we'll send one next year!

Malcolm and I spent Christmas with the family at my mom's house and had a blast! There's a family tradition to open one present at midnight on Christmas Eve and save the rest for the morning. We ate posole and tamales till we just about popped, played Sequence (a board game) until midnight and then went at the presents. Baby Brudder got an X-Box 360 (crazy) and Boo got a laptop (crazier). I don't remember getting gifts like that at Christmas when I was their age!!! Not fair!!! They'd better not buy Boo a car (Allen and I had to buy our own cars, thank you very much)....that would just be the End All.... Yeah, I'm fuming a little bit, can't you tell? Anyway, I got a beautiful bracelet from Grandma, clothes (yay!), a purse (yay again!) and a gorgeous antique credenza from My Honey and my parents. I think it's circa 1930's, but will have to research it a little more to find out for sure. I love how our house is filling up with antiques! I got My Honey the PSP that he'd been wanting for six months; the only gift given that was purchased, not hand made. I couldn't think of anything to make him that wouldn't have been some type of doll. I was toying with making him a beanie, but I've never seen him wear one before, so decided against it. Oh well, he loved the PSP and that's all that counts.

I was able to finish everything on time, thank goodness, and everyone really liked what I made for them. I took pictures of everything and will post them shortly (in case you're interested). My favorite had to be Grandma's present. I made her a Chihuahua doll that looked exactly like one of her dogs. She immediately requested a second one to look like the other dog, but I won't be able to get to that one for a few weeks as I have set myself yet another goal.

Being the Matron-of-Honor in my little brother's wedding, I'm responsible for throwing a Bridal Shower for the lovely Bride. The Bridesmaids and I have planned it for the 12th of January, which gives me two weeks to complete the hand made favors I've planned out. There are 30 ladies invited and I'm almost half done. I'm glad she chose such pretty colors, they're turning out great! I just need to make a run to the craft store for some white ribbon and they'll be all set! FSIL told me that she has already picked up my bridesmaid dress, so that's a load off; now I just need to get the shoes! And make yet another gift. *LOL* I've gone all crochet crazy! I found the prettiest bridal stuff to make, I'm going to make her something special for the big day! I can't wait! Hmm... If I'm this giddy for the wedding as a bridesmaid, I can imagine what the Bride is going through right now! Come on March! Hurry up and get here!

No comments: