Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it

I've been going back and forth about whether or not to post about our current struggles, and I only post now after a lot of careful thought because ya know what? It's life. Sometimes it sucks and sometimes it's great. I write a lot about the great parts, but no one really knows about the not so nice parts. Why do I do that? No one's life is perfect. The people that love us will read this and love us still, and the people that don't... well, see that little red x at the top right of your screen? Feel free to click it.

Now don't get all worried; I'm not going to tell you anything truly personal. But there are some major things happening to my little family and it's not like people aren't going to notice and ask about the changes, so might as well get it all out in the open:

Ever since I got laid off of work, our financial situation has become more of a situation. MyHoney did what he could to keep us afloat, but despite his best efforts, our house is being foreclosed on. We've been working with the mortgage company since I was pregnant with the Little Man trying to refinance, to find alternative financing, anything that would allow us to keep our home, but we've exhausted all our options. The auction date is set for July 6th, but we'll be submitting deed in lieu paperwork this week to hopefully avoid the "foreclosure" stamp on our credit.

Thank the good Lord in heaven for our family. We'll be moving in with my parents the second weekend in May. You know the saying "everything happens for a reason"? I always took that with a grain of salt, but it's so true in this case. My parents bought a ridiculously big house when they moved to AZ that truth be told I thought was a teensy bit excessive, but as time passed, it became clear that it was the best thing they could've done for the family. They were able to move my grandma and grandpa in with them (I can't even begin to say what a blessing that has been) and now there will be room for my little family as well. And there's enough space under that roof for all of us to live together and not be all over each other. I can't honestly say that I'm excited about living with mommy and daddy again after being on my/our own for so long, but it's a great feeling knowing that we have them to pick us up when we've fallen.

In addition to the loss of our house, we're also having to turn to state assistance for Little Man's health care. MyHoney's new job does not offer health coverage to employees until they've worked there for 90 days, so neither he or I have any kind of health insurance until about the middle of June. That's bad enough, but there was no way we were going to allow our son to be without coverage, so we applied for AHCCCS and he was enrolled almost immediately. Talk about a weight off of our minds! He was approved through August, but that shouldn't be a problem, as soon as MyHoney's benefits kick in we'll all be covered again.

Overall... not the best situation for us to be in, but it is what it is and we've definitely learned a huge lesson from all of this. I'm in the process of packing up the house and purging. We've painted the room that MyHoney and I will be moving into and will paint Little Man's this weekend, and we've got a storage unit lined up. I've been saving every penny possible since the foreclosure notices started and have also been in contact with a credit counselor to help us get our credit back in order relatively quickly so that we'll hopefully be able to get another house in 2-3 years.

So there it is. See? Nothing earth-shattering, but sadly, quite common as of late.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hang in there momma. These things happen. Thank goodness for your family! I'm thinking of you! ((Hugs))