No? Oh well. This will be a fairly short synopsis of the last couple of months; nothing too in depth. That’s mostly because my memory sucks and I don’t remember a lot of what we did!
MyHoney and I celebrated two years of marriage in May. We didn’t go anywhere this year, but did treat ourselves to dinner out for like a week straight. Good thing we’re surrounded by such good restaurants!
Nicca and Noel finally made the trip out to see us over the 4th of July weekend. I had so much fun showing them around. We visited model homes (yet more proof of my master plan) and just hung out. Her baby is sooooo cute! I could just eat him up! I was also asked to be his Godmother! How proud am I? We had a total blast while they were here. I just hope we get to see each other again soon. It seems we always go at least a year between visits. I made him this:
Our company was bought out, made official at the beginning of August. My position, unfortunately, will be eliminated. The good news is they gave me through the holidays. My last day will be January 11. It’s crazy to think that the company I’ve been with my entire working life no longer exists. We have become O’Reilly’s Auto Parts. I am looking into some other positions within the new company. Hopefully I can find something good. If not, well, I guess that’s just how it’s meant to be. I have faith that no matter what happens, it will be as God intended. The stores won’t be affected by any lay-offs, so MyHoney gets to keep his job. At least that’s one paycheck we can count on!
We made yet another trek to California last weekend. My in-laws needed some work done to their vehicles and the repair shops were quoting some outrageous prices. MyHoney, being the awesome son that he is, went out there and did all the work himself. We also got to visit with Ryan and Jaime. We hadn’t seen them for what...almost six months? Wow. Time really does fly. The girls are so big too. Their oldest just started school, and their youngest is two years old now! We really need to get out there more. The girls have all but forgotten us. I’m thinking a huge picture of us is in order ; )
I've also stared selling some of my crochet creations! I honestly didn't think that people would pay for them, but yeah, they will, and they'll do it happily! I've started very small, only a group of about 30 even know about it. So far, I've filled three custom orders! So exciting! I don't know how big I want this to go, some of these things are very time consuming; I have almost no free time anymore because I'm always working on crochet animals. LOL
The big 2-6 is coming up in a couple of weeks. Everyone must come over to help me celebrate. No excuses, no buts. I expect you all to be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment