MyHoney's birthday was yesterday, but I think that he took a page from the women in my family and extended one day into three! His whole weekend was spent at Firebird International at the NHRA finals. His friend, Brandon, used to work for one of the teams and knows just about everyone there is to know in the NHRA. He took MyHoney with him on Saturday and introduced him to many of the drivers and got a lot of autographs. I gave him the camera that day, but somehow, he only managed to take pictures of the cars, not a single one of himself with the very cool people that he met. Oh well.
I went with them on Sunday and had a total blast. We've been to the drags many times before, but this year was so much better than anything I've experienced. Brandon got us passes to stand right next to the starting line! To get to this place, we had to walk up what I can only describe as a long driveway. We passed all the cars as they were waiting to run their races and if you looked inside, you could even see the drivers crammed in there.
I have never seen race cars this close before. I was so excited. The drivers that weren't getting ready to run were walking around and talking to people, so of course, I HAD to go meet a couple of them! I took pictures with John and Ashley Force, and got a picture of MyHoney and Brandon Bernstein. After him, the camera died so I didn't get anything when we met Melanie Troxel or Antron Brown. : (
I'll have to buy an extra battery so that doesn't happen again!
Standing so close to the cars was really interesting. When the Top Fuel cars take off, it feels like your eyeballs are going to rattle out of your head! I had to squeeze my eyes shut every time because it felt so weird. Then I'd be scrambling to see who won the race! The Funny Cars weren't as loud, but they could still rattle you!
Yesterday we didn't do much of anything. MyHoney finally got his watch fixed, that was about it. But I still don't think it was a bad birthday at all! I hope mine ends up being this fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment