Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Oh for crying out loud!

Before I start my rant, I just want everyone to know that I’m ok!

I was driving to work this morning, minding my own business, when I came up on this little black Hyundai. I don’t know if the guy driving was drunk or what, but he was acting like he’d never driven a day in his life. He couldn’t maintain his lane and kept a football fields’ worth of following distance between himself and the car in front of him. As “safety conscience” as that is, I didn’t really have the time to wait for him to speed up. So I did what anyone would do, I went around him. Not 30 seconds later, he runs into me!! Why me? Why at all, considering how far his following distance had been up to that point. You’d think that I wouldn’t even be able to see him in my rearview. But no! There he was, all crammed up on my bumper looking stupid-surprised. He was even dumb enough to try to get out of his car in the fast lane on the freeway! Of all the boneheaded...

After we pulled over to the shoulder I get on the phone and called the police, then I called MyHoney, who was really not in a good mood after that. Poor baby got the whole story with me yelling. Then I got out of my truck to assess the damage. I must have some really good karma, because the only thing wrong with my truck was a paint scratch on the bumper, while his whole hood had caved in (ha!). He even had the audacity to try to get me to let him go. “Are you kidding me?!” All he kept saying was “there’s no damage to your truck”, like I was born yesterday. I even had the good fortune of having my camera with me at the time (more good karma I think). I took pictures of the back of my truck, the front of his car, and, because he looked like he was ready to bolt, his license plate.

When the police arrived the little retard tried to lie about what happened. “Oh, she stopped short for no reason.” HUH?! We were in bumper to bumper traffic, I HAD to stop, everyone was stopping, except him of course. Luckily the officer was pretty familiar with the traffic patterns on the freeway because he just kind of looked at him like he was crazy. So then he takes my statement, gets both of our information, writes up his report and tells me I can go. The funny thing is, as I was leaving, he was pulling the other guy out of his car. Maybe to do a sobriety test?
I hate driving, when are they going to come out with the flying cars we were promised ten years ago?

See that little white mark bottom right? That's it!

And this is HIS car. Ha!!

No comments: