Moving our things out was really hard for me emotionally, especially when we took down Little Man's room. I remember every minute we spent in there while I was pregnant with him; painting, putting his crib together, hanging the custom shelf his daddy built for him, searching endlessly for the perfect glider... Thinking about it now a week later brings me to tears. We put so much love into that room. What do we do with the piece of trim that has Little Man's 1 year growth markon it? Half of me wants to rip it out and take it with us. Who cares if it's only one mark? I tried to put up a brave front while his room was coming down, but I did excuse myself several times to cry alone in the bathroom. I still can't believe we're in this mess. We were so sure when we bought that house that we were doing everything we were supposed to. How wrong we were.
We're pretty much settled in here now, but it was a really long, really crazy, really tiring week (which is why no new posts in a while). Our room remains the same chocolate and baby blue color scheme from the other house I lovf that combo. 90% of the boxes are unpacked. I think the only ones left are for our "offic" area. I originally sent the desk to storage not thinking we would have room for it. Turns out I was wrong, but we can't rescue it until next weekend. I tried to keep Little Man's room as close to the old one as possible with the exception of converting his crib into a big boy bed(!!!) We still have a few things (and all of MyHoneys' garage) to move out of the other house, but for all intent and purposes, we're moved out.
So yeah. I guess that's it for that.
On the bright side: Little Man is LOVING being here! He gets to see his Nana and Papa and "Unca" every day and is just having a ball. MyHoney, daddy, and baby brudder are working on their own project cars (yes, plural, carS) and having all kinds of greasy fun. Nana and I have kind of thrown ourselves into making our rooms pretty. The quest for window treatments is on which I hate because I stink at picking out window treatments. Their room needs very little now, but I feel like ours could use a nice rug or something. Hate picking out rugs too, I never feel like I can find exactly what I want for what I'm willing to pay for it. I've been meaning to take pictures of our new space, but don't want to post until everything is finished. Maybe next week.
Also, MyHoney and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this past Saturday! We went to my favorite place in the whole entire world for dinner and if you don't know where that is by now, you are no true friend of mine ;) and then went and saw the new Pirates movie (so good)! We had a blast, but were a little anxious to get home to our sweet Little Man. All in all, I can chalk the whole day up to being pretty stinkin' awesome!
P.S. regarding Little Man's birthday party: The location we were planning on fell thru, so we're scrambling for a new place. I haven't been able to send out the invites yet, but I did want to give you all a heads up that no matter where it is, it'll be on Sunday, June 5th, so save the date!
No comments:
Post a Comment