Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of the year updates!

Boo graduated Boot Camp! Woo hoo! She is now in training at Fort Huachuca here in Arizona for Military Intelligence. She was able to get away for a while and accompany my parents and baby brother to South Dakota for Christmas. They had so much fun. I wish we had been able to go.

January 11th is drawing ever closer. That’s the cut off date for my current position at CSK/O’Reilly. I have two possible jobs lined up. The first is in the Finance Department and the other is for office supervisor of the big Distribution Center here in Phoenix. I’m really gunning for the office supervisor one. The DC is only 15 minutes from the house, I’d get an increase in pay, and my boss would be a guy I’ve known for many years, so I know he’d be great to work for. On the other hand, I know a lot of great people here in the office AND my Nana is the Admin for the Finance Department. So that would be cool too. It’s getting down to the wire, so a decision must be made very soon!

Christmas was good, but weird with the family split up. MyHoney and I had my grandma and grandpa over for dinner on Christmas Eve. I made lasagna. Not a traditional dish, but it’s one of our favorites : ) We’re pretty tight on money, so our gift giving was scaled way down, but that’s ok. It’s not all about presents after all. I sent out cards this year (just like I promised), but made a hugely funny mistake on 80% of them. I dropped them in the mail in the morning on the way to work and realized that night, right before I fell asleep, that I completely forgot to put return address labels on them. Woops! If anyone needs our home address just email me or my mom or dad. My Lil’ Brudder and FSIL came out on the 26th and stayed with us for a couple of days. It’s so much fun having them around. We went antiquing and just hung out with each other. Boo took off to California the night they got back from SD. Something about a boyfriend...? I dunno. Whatever.

Thanksgiving was probably the greatest one in recorded history! The food was fantastic, the company was awesome, and...oh yeah... we made a really big announcement right before dinner.

I’M PREGNANT!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, we’re going to be parents! I officially entered the Second Trimester yesterday and am feeling ridiculously awesome. Evidently, I’m one of those chicks that all the other girls hate on. I had some very mild morning sickness and other discomforts early on, but ever since my 9th week, I’ve had nothing to complain about. I know it could be so much worse, so I won’t go on and on about being tired or having my face go back in time to when I was 13 and covered in zits, because really, those are the only two symptoms I’ve had for a while.

Here's the video of us making our announcement. It was so funny : )

I’m sure you’re wondering why we waited so long before telling everyone. It was my decision, MyHoney wanted to announce it sooner, but I was in a very superstitious place and didn’t want to jinx anything. Now I’m clear of the First Trimester and I finally feel ok with telling people outside our immediate families.

So, some answers to common questions:
  • We’re having a Summer baby! I’m due on July 2nd, but that date has changed once already. My first ultrasound put me ahead three days, which would be June 29th, but the doc decided to leave it alone because it was so close. So I guess anytime in late June or early July.
  • Yes, it was planned. We’ve been trying since March 2008.
  • Yes, we will be finding out the sex (maybe at our next appointment)!
  • We have no preference; either girl or boy would be wonderful.

Hmm...that's all I can think of for now, baby tends to steal my brain, so I seldom think in straight lines anymore.

I know my Daddy told family during his Christmas prayer and belly pics were requested at that time. I've been taking them since week 5 when there obviously wasn't much to see. I was hugely bloated up until about a week and a half ago.

5 weeks

I don't think a whole lot has changed belly-wise since then, but I can't fit into those jeans anymore, AND I cut a lot of my hair off! The whole family swears I'm showing now. I'm kind of scared to think that I am because if I'm already showing at 13 weeks, then I will probably end up being huge-mongous by the time the little bean decides to make his/her entrance into the world. I'm going to have MyHoney take official Start-of-Second-Trimester pics tonight, so I'll probably post those tomorrow.

And here's the little one!


No comments: