Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lil' Brudder's Wedding

My Aunt Deb sent us some of the pictures she took from Lil' Brudder's wedding, so I can do an update now. Yay!

The bridesmaids took FSIL out for her "last day of freedom" party on the Saturday before the wedding. It was great! We took her out to dinner at Sevilla restaurant in Riverside; where I had the most awesome seafood platter EVER! We hung out in the lounge there and listened to music for awhile. We were planning to stay and just move down to the club when it opened at ten, but we didn't realize that it would be $80 for all of us to get in! Outrageous! So instead, we went to another club where we danced the night away (literally, we didn't leave there until like 1:30 in the morning). The other girls were drinking and having a good ol' time; I again was the DD. I don't know how that always happens, but meh, I still had fun. As we were leaving, the Bride almost got into a fight with some drunk guy in a big black Chevrolet. An interesting cap to the night. I'm glad I carry around a huge can of pepper spray! She was being pretty belligerent ; ) She spent Sunday recuperating. We got her good and plastered since she claimed to have never been drunk. I’d say we accomplished our mission.

MyHoney and I pretty much just hung out Monday and Tuesday since both the Bride and Groom were working. Wednesday and Thursday we ran around doing last minute wedding stuff; finalizing counts, paying off the vendors, picking up tuxes, confirming times with everyone, there was lots of stuff to do. The rehearsal was on Friday, and the Bride was an hour late! Something about not being able to find her dad, I’m still not really sure on the details, but once she got there, everything went smoothly. I also found out on Friday that my wonderful Nana forgot to pick up my contacts from my house as I had requested she do every day for a week. I tried in vain to get some Lenscrafter’s somewhere to give me one pair to get me through the day so I wouldn’t have to wear glasses, but alas, no one would help me.

So here comes Saturday, and the fun really starts. The hair/makeup lady moved our appointments from 10 to 8, so I had to get up even earlier than planned and rush over to the house to get ready. It’s a good thing that lady got there early and brought a helper, because there were so darn many of us! Besides the Bride and Bridesmaids, she also had to do the mother of the bride, the candle carrier girl, and the candle carrier girl’s mother (I’m not clear why she needed to have her hair done, but whatever, not my business). I don’t know what it is about hair dressers, but I never seem to be happy with the end result. I wasn’t thrilled with the way the front turned out, but again, whatever the Bride wants, and she thought it was super cute, so I left it. I hadn’t put on my dress at all up until that point, so imagine my annoyance when I discovered that the straps were too long and the front kept coming open too far! Luckily, I AM SuperMatron!, so of course I was armed with my little sewing kit. There I was, sitting in her brother’s room, altering my dress with an hour to go before the wedding. Yeah, I was stressing a little bit, but it turned out ok, and no one noticed that there was red thread there instead of pink.

I was lucky enough to be able to help the Bride dress because her mom was still getting her hair done. I felt so privileged; I just wish they had been able to take a couple of pictures, oh well. Her mom did everything that traditionally I should have done (e.g. garter), so I guess it evened out. I had to leave the Bride’s house ahead of her to get to the hall and make sure everything was ready for her arrival. The guys were just getting there when I pulled up, so I had to tell them to hurry and get changed before the Bride got there (because they had to use her dressing room). Those guys took forever, so she actually ended up waiting in the limo for them to get out of the room. Then there was the matter of clearing out all the guests so they wouldn’t see her before the big entrance. That didn’t totally work out, but you can’t win ‘em all.

I flat out refused to walk down the aisle in glasses, but since my wonderful Nana forgot my contacts, my only option was to go through the day mostly blind. It wasn’t so bad, I’m not so blind that I run into things. I got to the head of the aisle just fine. I could even make out that MyHoney was watching me come down with a silly grin on his face. He looked so handsome in his tux : )

FSIL looked so pretty coming down the aisle with her dad. He forgot to put her veil back when he left her, but I think it turned out better that way. The pictures of Lil’ Brudder lifting it and kissing her at the end, I’m sure, are awesome!

Here’s the new Mr. and Mrs.!!

And my Nana and Daddy. Don’t you LOVE her outfit? **I picked it out**

I love this picture of the Grand Entrance. It came out really nice in black and white.

FSIL, Lil’ Brudder, and I devised a plan for the garter toss while out shopping one day... FSIL got a HUGE light blue thong (it was probably three times her size) and wrapped it up in the garter for Lil’ Brudder to pull out. It was hysterical! He went all the way up her dress and his Best Man had to drag him out from underneath it! When he pulled out the thong, everyone started cracking up! He even threw it with the garter and some poor guy caught it **LOL** (it somehow ended up back at the head table later).

The cake was delish! You can’t really see it in this picture, but the cake topper (I bought for them) was particularly beautiful. : ) It was a porcelain bride and groom and the bride had little pink flowers on her dress and was carrying a pink bouquet. So pretty!

So that’s about it. They’ve now been married a whole month and have added the cutest little dachshund puppy to their family. They came out for Easter and we’re now working on them to come out to AZ for Mother’s Day. I really hope they decide to, we miss them!!!

No comments: