Wednesday, June 13, 2007

2 Days and 9 Hours until...

I can take my Yo on her

Bachelorette-Get-Away-Weekend!!

I can’t believe how time has just flown by! I know people say that a lot, but it doesn’t stop being true. My “Yo” got engaged a couple of weeks after MyHoney and I got married and the wedding is now in 9 days! I’m flying out to Texas this Friday because we’ve planned her Bachelorette-Get-Away-Weekend for the 16th and 17th (I’m not going to put down what we’re doing because I don’t know how often she reads this thing; I don’t want to take the chance of spoiling the surprise)! Anyway, I’ll be there for 10 whole days helping her with everything wedding related, and running interference between her and her Future-Mother-In-Law (FMIL). But that’s another story.

I’ve been feeling pretty anxious the last couple of days because I’ve never been away from MyHoney for that long! Our record is probably two days. Every time I think about it my chest gets tight and I can’t breathe for a second or two. I know it’ll be fine, and I’m just being silly, but just the same... For a long time we thought he’d be able to come out too, and planned for him to take vacation time, but last week he lost two of his assistant managers and they have not been replaced. So he’ll be working 14 hour days, six days a week instead of taking a vacation to be with me in Texas. Nice little turn of events, huh?

I’m not really excited about traveling by myself, especially to a place I’ve never been to before. I just hope I don’t get lost! Texas is huge after all! I won’t have my Daddy aka “The Walking Thomas Guide” there to get me out of trouble. I’ve printed up maps of everything off of Yahoo. I just hope they’re not too far off!

I am excited to see my “Yo” again though; it’s been almost a year. That’s very typical of our friendship, what with her being in Hawaii for the last ten years or so, and now in Texas. We’ve probably spent a grand total of a week together since we were about eleven. It’s a strange relationship, but it works. She’s the ultimate of best friends, despite the distance. I’m also working on her to come out to Arizona and check out the sights (by which I mean the new houses)! If I’m lucky, the crazy FMIL will push them out of Texas and into Arizona. Yeah, I’m selfish, I want EVERYONE to be near me! Insert “the plan” laugh here.

Well, I’d better get back to work now. I need to train my co-worker to take care of my stuff while I’m gone. And I need to get some other things in order before I go. I’ll post again when I get back, hopefully with some funny pictures!!